Friday, July 11, 2008

Tarry With Me a While

Tarry with me a while
Lay here in my arms
Grace me with a smile
Bless me with your charms

Sing to me a song
A tune in love’s refrain
Hold me close and long
Kiss my lips again

Offer little lies
Tomorrow you’ll depart
Look not into my eyes
And do not break my heart

Whisper in my ear
Fanning passion’s fire
Lover, draw me near
Awakening desire

Speak to me of love
If only for a time
As manna from above
Tell me that you’re mine

Dwell with me tonight
Stay here ‘till the dawn
And as your wings take flight
Let me not know you’ve gone

A classic trap, a willing quarry, a broken heart, the same old story. Sometimes we would rather believe a lie than see the truth. Letting go... there is a difficult proposition. In the end we are the only one's responsible for putting our foot in the snare.

No comments: