Friday, July 11, 2008

Love Shouldn't Hurt

He broke your heart
Bruised your face
And your pride

It’s time to let go
Leave the pain
And hurt behind

Out in the world
There is something
For you

A love that won’t hurt
A love that is true

Love builds you up
Love will never
Tear you down

Love is not far
There’s no need
To wear a frown

(Chorus 1)
Leave pain behind
Step out of that door
This is the chance girl
That you’re looking for

And I can tell ya’ now
It won’t hurt anymore
(It won’t hurt anymore)

(Break)

Look in my eyes
Hear these words
Know they’re true

I’ve hurt before
Like so many
People do


Just walk with me
If for only
A while

I’ll take all those tears
And give you a smile

(Chorus 2)
Where he tore you down
I’ll lift you up
Just let me know girl
When you’ve had enough

And I can tell you now
You won’t cry anymore
(You won’t cry anymore)

(Break)

(Repeat Chorus 2)



This was written a few years ago when a good friend was in a very bad place. Physical violence is the wrong answer to almost every question but, certainly where the people you love are concerned. Check out http://www.safe4all.org/ if you want or need out of a bad situation. Please don't allow anyone to steal your joy or your life; both are in short supply.

No comments: