Sunday, July 13, 2008

In Gratitude

How do I express my thanks?
My protector, my guide
Not worthy of your ranks
You’ve never left my side

How to praise your name?
Humility, love, and strength
Never sought for fame
My words can’t span the length

How can I? Denying self
I can only glorify, magnify
I once broken, brought to wealth
Allowed to linger at your side

How do I capitulate?
Before your throne
I weep in gratitude, fall prostrate
Chilled to the very bone

How to honor the King?
No treasure, no worthiness
No nobility do I bring
Sufficient for your holiness

How can I repay?
Tis my folly. By your grace
Your death, you paid
This alone secured my place



At the very heart of my existence has been a single theme "grace". I have lived a life that could easily have seen me dead or incarcerated. I believe that the lord Jesus Christ has been faithful to protect and guide me from the certain death that I once called my life. I hope that, reading this, people will reflect and give thought to that which sustains them.

No comments: