Monday, September 9, 2013

Getting It Right

So many time in my life
I would cling too tight
To ideas, places and people
Holding on with all my might

Soon those things would tear away
Rending bits of soul and heart
Crushing those things that I loved
Until they fell apart

For a time I was misguided
Patron Saint of the rejected
Blinded by my selfishness 
Sitting brokenhearted and dejected

A subtle change emerged in me
A better new perspective
People sometimes have to leave
So love may return perfected

Everyone needs space to grow
Some room to breath and thrive
Being strong enough to let them go
Can keep love's spark alive

It's possible the road may turn
That they could walk away
Wiser, recognize their freedom
Than to try and make them stay

It seems I've finally grown up 
Don't feel the need to fight
The things in life I cannot change
This time I've got it right





Letting go always seemed scary.  Irrational fears of being alone, insecurity, all gone.  I stand a better man.  Life: "You scared bro.?"  Me: "Nah, I ain't even scared." (RM)




No comments: