Saturday, March 9, 2013

And Still

At the first glance
I was done, I knew
I had no chance
It has always been you

Battered dreams
Feeble hopes, false starts
Advances, retreats, all tearing at the seams
Alone, a glass, a hotel room and Makers Mark

Stranded in paradise
Etta swings and I sing mournful and out of key 
Salted water hiding in my eye
What would you think, if you could see

Night and day, baby it's you
No matter who I'm with 
Regardless of what I do
Memories passing through bring me bliss

Pour another plastic cup
In my solitude, Billie surely knew
Perhaps, I should just give up
Hold no dream to get me through

Damn the thoughts that keep me sparkin'
Cursed hunger yearning to taste those lips
Purgatory, torturous hell, lovely voice to which I hearken
Longing for pleasures between those hips

O' divine vision, obsession, since first impression
Sate me, release me, kill me a thousand times
Lift me from this fool's deception
Release me Lord from passion's crimes

But prisoner I will ever be
A sweet and bitter pill
Forever locked and chained by she
Love's prisoner, laying here, quiet, and still



Roger H. P. Clark
The Necromata
(RM)
















No comments: