Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Little Deaths



In troubled times I often feared
And dreading the next shot
I closed my eyes and blocked my ears
But it availed me not

The night time came and shortly passed
The dawn a brand new day
Who’s golden smile and warm caress
Would guide me on my way

Sometimes the darkness dogs my heels
A threat to rein me in
Familiar as it might feel
I’m loath to let it in

I suffer all these little deaths
And somehow I survive
Because of all these tragedies
I know that I'm alive

As chaos ends there's ecstasy
A feeling so sublime
The things I learn come painfully
But I know they’re really mine
(And I'm all right...)
(Lord I’m all right…)

I know sometimes you’re overwhelmed
The pressure closing in
And often times it’s hard to tell
The sacred from the sin

But evil’s shadow slips away
When faced it runs and hides
Just make your choices everyday
Abandoning your pride

So trouble not your weary heart
And do not fear the pain
The tears will dry and then they start
To cleanse you like the rain

We suffer all these little deaths
And still we make it through
Rejoice in all our victories
Our faith in life renewed

We make a choice to overcome
And rise above it all
We only learn to climb again
Surviving past the fall
(We’re standing tall)
(Oh God so tall…)

Every day is a victory. We are the very purpose of creation and the perfection of evolution. Remember always that chaos will eventually yield to peace.

No comments: