Tuesday, August 11, 2009

En Memoriam: Dr. Antonio De la Cruz, MD



I hardly can fathom
That you’ve really gone
It is hard to imagine
The end of your song

You appeared indestructible
A man with out peer
Living life to it’s fullest
No uncertainty or fear

Hands blessed by God
Vision and insight so rare
Certainty, depth of wisdom
Skill beyond compare

Lifting my cup
In celebration and salute
Following your example
Integral and resolute

We'll say now, farewell
No, never good-bye
In our hearts and minds
Forever alive



I recently heard that Dr. Antonio De la Cruz, MD passed away. My ex-wife and his daughter, Jeannette, called me with the news. I cannot adequately express my personal sadness nor sufficiently extend my condolences to his family. Jeannette and Anthony, your father loved you both more than anything and through everything he knew you loved him too.

Dr. De la Cruz was a role model in so many ways. He embodied hard work, integrity, dignity, and a fearless pursuit of life. I will not seek to deify nor saint him but he did miraculous things with his gifts. The good Dr. knew, as well as any man, the foibles and pitfalls of life. He lived life on his terms and made no apologies for being who he was. It was these characteristics that made me admire him more than any man I have ever personally known.

Dr., I will miss you. I was proud to be your son-in-law. Even though I had not seen you in quite some time your example has driven me to seek the world and all of its experiences. I know that today God and the angels hear our prayers a little more clearly. Gracias por todo doctor.

No comments: